[ Modem-Help ]
ISA/External 56K V.90 Modem Chip Set
The MD565X is a controller-based modem chipset featuring an ISA interface. This ITU-V.90 56K solution provides a complete set of industry-standard data, fax, and voice features. The MD565X owes its capabilities to the sophisticated architecture of its controller and DSP. This highly integrated design minimizes part count and board area.
MD565X System Block Diagram
- Data rates up to 56 kbps*
- ITU-V.90 56K compliant
- ITU-T V.34 (33,600 to 2,400 kbps)
- ITU-T V.32 bis, V.23, V.22 bis, V.21
- Bell® 212A and 103
- Error correction: ITU V.42 and MNP® 2–4
- Data compression: ITU V.42 bis and MNP® 5
- ITU-T V.17, V.29 to 14,400 kbps
- Fax Class 1 commands
- ISA bus direct or plug and play
- Serial RS-232/V.24 interface
- PCMCIA interface
- International telephony support
- Voice compression: ADPCM, linear, and CL1
- 4800, 7200, 8000, 9600, and 11025 samples/sec.
- Full-duplex, echo-cancelled digital speakerphone
- Telephone emulation for headset applications
- Voice IS-101 commands
- Single +5-V power source; 3.3-V DSP
- Automatic sleep and wake-up modes
- Controller and DSP: 128-pin MQFP or LQFP
- SAFE: 44-pin LQFP
Exceeds Microsoft® PC 98 requirements
Microsoft® Windows® TAPI-compliant
Industry-standard AT command-driven
*maximum speed allowed by the FCC is 53.333 kbps.
(This page was on the original Ambient website but not on the new Intel site and, as I thought it useful, I nicked it & put it on my site. It remains, however...)
Copyright © 2000, Ambient Technologies Inc., an Intel Company. All rights reserved.